If this is an emergency please call 911
Hotlines and Websites
Teen Line http://teenlineonline.org
1-800-852-8336 (Toll free California only)
Operated by teens for teens
- For International Hotlines: http://befrienders.org
American Association of Suicidology
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
800-729-6686 Referrals to mental health clinics and substance abuse providers.
Provide information on Mental Health and Substance Use/Abuse.
Self Injury & Self Harm
- S.A.F.E. Alternatives http://www.selfinjury.com/ 1-800-DONT-CUT (366-8288) S.A.F.E. Alternatives is a nationally recognized treatment approach, professional network, and educational resource base, which is committed to helping you and others achieve an end to self-injurious behavior.
- Door of Hope 4 Teens 914-393-1904 Provides free advice and Hope line for teens who struggle with cutting.
- RAINN - Rape Abuse and Incest National Network http://www.rainn.org/ http://apps.rainn.org/ohl-bridge/ 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- National Eating Disorders Association http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/get-help-today/ 1-800-931-2237 NEDA is committed to providing help and hope to those affected by eating disorders.
- ANAD - National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders 630-577-1330 Operates 9 AM-5 PM Central Time, Monday through Friday
- KARA http://www.kara-grief.org/ 650-321-5272 Compassionate support to those who are grieving a death or facing a life-threatening illness.
- LGBT Supports http://www.lgbtsupports.org//
- The Trevor Project http://www.thetrevorproject.org// 866-488-7386 Provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, and bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth.
Benni Cinkle is an outstanding role model who has built a platform against cyber bullying. SBS is proud of everything she has accomplished especially how she overcame bullying and is now standing up for what is right. Please check out Benni's website, www.thatgirlinpink.org